This episode is very special. I interviewed David in 2018 on my last podcast about his success in his agency DemandGen.
My guest, Jill Rowley, is a social selling evangelist who was one of the first employees at Salesforce. She met my David Lewis, our guest, while leading sales at Eloqua. David was one of their customers. Soon after their connection, David left his role to build a 7 figure “power partner” agency of Elequa.
In this episode, the three of us discuss:
- Why david decided to launch DemandGen as a power partners
- Their history with Eloqua
- How Jill sold against “Smart Starts” service from elequa ($6500) and instead pushed that
- The transition when they doubled-down on Marketo
- The partner playbook they created used to succeed
- Partner meeting strategies
- How David’s partners lifted his exit
- Why and how salespeople should bring partners into the deals
- Why in-house service packages are a bad idea
- Pre-selling software with partners
- Why your solutions partnerss are (or should be) the insurance policy for your largest customers